Ganesh Chaturthi Bhog | Kesar Shrikhand is a traditional Indian sweet.
Ganesh Chaturthi Bhog | Kesar Shrikhand is an assortment of silky smooth curd, a hint of flavoring, and a crunch of dry fruits. It is quite popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra as a dessert or a side dish that is savored with joy along with Puri. To prepare it, yogurt is hung in a muslin cloth till it looses most of its water and becomes thick and creamy. This thick yogurt is called “Chakka’. Once the chakka is ready, flavoring and powdered sugar are added to it and everything is mixed well to bring it together. Try to prepare it and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Richa.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can add any flavors like cardamom, rose water, or kevra.
- If you do not have a muslin cloth, then you can use any cotton cloth to hung the curd.
- You can adjust the sweetness as per your requirement.
- Serve it chilled for the better taste.
- Add any dry fruits of your choice or even you can add chocolate pieces also or any seasonal chopped fruits.