Gun powder | Milagai Podi is a spicy side dish.
Gun powder | Milagai Podi is an Andra-style chutney powder recipe that is easy to make. The spicy powder is so versatile. It can be sprinkled over dosas and it is awesome stirred into rice with a little ghee. Try it as a dry dip for homemade idlis. It is made with a perfect blend of spices like red chilies, dry coconut, roasted chana dal, coriander seeds, and asafoetida. So try to make this south Indian special recipe in your kitchen and share your feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Archana Chakravarthy
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:
- The ratio of roasted bengal gram to dry red chili should be 2:1.
- Spicyness can be adjusted as per taste.
- Adjust the quantity of dry coconut as per choice.
- The flame should be turned off while adding roasted begal gram to the hot pan. The bengal gram should be just hot enough to grind it easily.
- Add hot ghee, sesame oil, or ground nut oil to gun powder before serving.