Homemade Butter | Lunya Ghee a great tasting fresh butter made at home.
Homemade Butter | Lunya Ghee is an old fashioned way of making butter which can be easily made at home using a few simple kitchen tools. It is very easy to make and is ready in minutes. Moreover, it is free from preservatives and economical. This is a more traditional way of making butter / lunya ghee and buttermilk. Nothing beats the taste of freshly prepared butter and the buttermilk. We also call butter as Makhan and this goes well with bread, parathas and almost anything. So, try and enjoy this delicious butter and buttermilk with your family and friends. Don’t forget to give your valuable feedback.
Tips and Suggestions by the Chef:-
- While setting the curd, add malai of milk as well. Once the curd is set then store this malai to make butter.
- Always use cold water for churning butter in summers and lukewarm water in winter.
- It is important to drain out the buttermilk well from the butter.
- Buttermilk can be used as a summer drink or can be used to make other dishes like Kadhi, Dahi Wale Aloo etc.
- Nothing is wasted here, the mixie jar can be cleaned after everything and that water can be used for kneading dough.