Irani Dum Chai | Hyderabadi Irani Chai is popular and one of the specialties of Hyderabad.
Irani Dum Chai | Hyderabadi Irani Chai is a rich and creamy version of milk tea. Tea is one of the most popular beverages consumed by millions around the world. The factor that makes it so unique is its creamy texture. It is also known as dum tea as it has a strong flavor of the tea. In the traditional version of the chai, the texture comes from thick creamy milk. It’s prepared by boiling milk for hours until water evaporates leaving milk solids behind. These milk solids impart a creamy texture to the tea. Here, we have an instant and quick version of the Irani chai by adding the condensed milk and milk powder. Please try it and enjoy every sip. kindly share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- It is very important to take strong dust tea powder.
- Boil the milk until it reduces and malai comes out.
- Boiling and reducing milk take more time so to prepare the chai quickly add condensed milk and milk powder.
- You can also add sugar if needed.
- Add tea decoction as per the requirement.
- Serve it hot with the Osmania Biscuits and rusk.
For more such exciting recipes like Irani Dum Chai | Hyderabadi Irani Chai, please click on the following links:
- Hyderabad Ki Street Style Chaat
- Set Dosa – Bangalore Famous Breakfast
- Mysore Bajji | Mysore Bonda | Goli Bajji – Karnataka Famous Tea Time Snack