Mysore Bajji | Mysore Bonda | Goli Bajji – Karnataka Famous Tea Time Snack is a popular and mouthwatering snack.
Mysore Bajji | Mysore Bonda | Goli Bajji – Karnataka Famous Tea Time Snack is a small round dumpling of flour and curd. It is crispy from outside and soft from inside and a bit stretchy from inside due to the all-purpose flour used in the preparation of the batter. The batter mainly consists of maida flour, curd, and chopped fresh coconut, green chilies, cumin seeds, and coriander leaves which are mixed together to prepare the bajji. It is best when served hot with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice and with your favorite beverages. Must try this delicious recipe and do share your feedback.
Click here to watch the video recipe
This recipe was prepared during the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom from Bangalore – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Sour curd is best for this dish and if you are using it, you can use the batter immediately without resting it.
- Make sure to add maida in batches.
- Batter consistency should be neither too thick nor runny. It should be a medium consistency batter that can be easy to hold and drop.
- If the batter is too thin, it will absorb more oil. And if it is too thick, then the outer layer of the bajji will be thick and hard.
- Instead of fresh coconut, you can also use onion to have a nice crunch.
- Add a pinch of baking soda for a fluffy texture.
- Heat the oil properly before dropping the batter.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency instead of dropping consistency.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.
No comments yet.