Set Dosa – Bangalore Famous Breakfast is a popular and healthy breakfast recipe.
Set Dosa – Bangalore Famous Breakfast is a super soft dosa prepared from rice, urad dal, poha, and fenugreek seeds usually served in sets of three and served along with coconut chutney. Dosa is an integral part of South Indian cuisine and almost every region in the south has its own unique twist to make the dosas. The Banglore Style Set Dosa is a thick dosa that comes in a set of three when you visit any restaurant. The soft and fluffy texture from inside and crispy from outside makes it distinct from other dosa. Relish it with the filter coffee and coconut chutney. Do try out this recipe of Set Dosa and let us know your feedback.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom from Bangalore – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can use oil or butter or ghee, but using ghee will enhance it’s taste.
- Make sure to heat the pan before you place the batter, if you are using a cast iron pan then keep the flame low to medium, and if using non-stick then keep the flame medium.
- As set dosa is thicker and fluffier than regular dosa, do prepare it thick.
- The proportion is very important to prepare a perfect dosa. Rice:urad dal:poha is 4:1:2.
- Here, we used regular rice but if you have dosa rice then you can also use it.
- Soak urad dal, poha, rice, methi separately at least for 4 hours.
- Make sure, to grind the soaked ingredients to a superfine fluffy batter.
- Fermentation completely depends on the weather so keep the batter for fermentation in a warm place for at least 8 to 12 hours or overnight.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.