Kaachra Achar | Mangalore Cucumber Pickle is an instant pickle recipe.
Kaachra Achar | Mangalore Cucumber Pickle is a famous and tasty South Indian side dish. The Mangalore cucumber is also known as yellow cucumber or Southekayi Palya. It is used in various preparations like curry, sambar, sabji etc. It can also be savored in every meal in the form of pickle also. Besides, the mangalore cucumber is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E. You can serve this pickle with roti/phulkas/chilla/paratha as well as pakoda. So, try this recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was made by a lovely mom – Manju Saraf
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:-
- Always, taste cucumber before making the pickle, as it might be bitter to taste.
- In some parts of India, you will find these yellow cucumbers in small sizes known as Kaachra.
- You need to follow a guideline while making this pickle which is – 1 kg of cucumber requires 200 grams of salt.
- This pickle can be preserved for one year by the refrigeration method also.
- Another guideline while making any pickle, is to always keep hands dry and use dry utensils while preparation.
- If you want, you can use regular salt, instead of pink salt.