Kadai Chole is a very tempting curry for lunch/ dinner.
Kadai Chole is a very popular dish from Punjabi cuisine. This is little sweet, tangy and spicy chole goes well with paratha/poori/bread/roti. This required only 5 minutes of cooking. You can find it in almost every restaurant menu. The chickpeas cooked with spices and tamarind to make it tangy and spicy. It tastes delicious with poori for Sunday brunch or lunch or dinner or even for breakfast. It is very easy and quick to make. So, try to make this chole at your end and let us know your feedback.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can boil the chole/chickpeas with a tea bag or few pieces of dry amla/gooseberry. Or you can make potli of chai patti/tea leaves and put it in a pressure cooker along with chole. This process will give a nice colour to the chole.
- If you do not have tamarind pulp then you can amchur powder/dry mango powder. Cook it with water and some spices. This will give the tangy taste to the chole.
- You can avoid onion if you want.
- Add spices according to your taste.
- Black salt gives a nice taste to the dish so do add it.