Khakhra | Full Meal Khakhra is a delicious and very healthy snack and travel meal.
Khakhra | Full Meal Khakhra is a crisp Indian flatbread which is very nutritious too. This delicious khakhra is a complete meal in itself. You can carry this while travelling or you can give it to tiffin box of children. This has khichdi, whole wheat flour, leafy vegetables with some healthy seeds like sesame, carom, onion seeds. This is a nutritious evening snack as well. Khakhra is a famous snack item of Gujarat and loved by all. It is very easy to make at home by following these simple steps and tips. So, try to make this at home and let us know how was it.
This recipe was prepared by Pushpa Asher Ji – A 90-year-old lovely GrandMom from Gujarat.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can use any leafy vegetables like methi/fenugreek leaves, spinach/palak, coriander leaves.
- Before adding the wheat flour, switch off the gas.
- Do not add water to make the dough.
- Knead the dough to make it smooth and the dough should be soft.
- For Khakhra, once it is ready and crisp from both the sides and has to be done on slow to medium flame.
- You can store this khakhra in an airtight container for about 2 months.