Methi Muthiya | Steamed Methi Muthiya is a delicious and very healthy breakfast ad snack.
Methi Muthiya | Steamed Methi Muthiya is a famous Gujarati dish. This is very extremely nutritious snack and breakfast with amazing taste. You can have it as a breakfast or evening tea-time snack. This has different types of flour, fenugreek leaves, some spices and seeds. This goes well with any type of chutney and dip. This is a very healthy alternative for fried snacks. You can easily prepare the muthiya at home. This can be a good tiffin snack for kids and they will love it. So, try to make this delicious snack at home and let us know how was it.
This recipe was prepared by Bharti Mehta – A lovely Mom with 65 plus years of cooking experience.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can use different types of flours or multigrain flour.
- Adding achar masala gives a nice flavour to the dish but it is completely optional.
- Do not use red chilli powder because the colour of muthiya may change. You can add green chilli paste more if you want to make it spicy.
- You can use rice flour instead of cooked rice.
- Wash and dry the fenugreek leaves completely before making the dough. Else, the moisture content will be more.
- To maintain the green colour of fenugreek leaves, baking soda is used.