Mangodi Onion Curry is an authentic recipe from the Rajasthani cuisine.
Mangodi Onion Curry is a soft lentil dumpling in a tangy tomato puree based gravy. It is also called wadi or badi in some homes. In Rajasthani cuisine, there are a lot of dehydrated food items that are easy to store and used later. Mangodi is another such innovation using dal to make an onion curry when the real vegetables are in short supply. It is unique in taste and texture. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Vijay Haldiya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The vadi can be store in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
- You can also add veggies to it.
- Use homemade fresh cream.
- Adjust the spices and serve it hot for the better taste.
For more such recipes like Creamy Mangodi Onion Curry, click on the following links:
- Methi Mangodi Ki Sabzi
- How to Make Mangodi | Vadi | Badi
- Spinach And Moong Dal Mangodi – Yummy Curry