Mathri | Whole Wheat Mathri is a mouthwatering tea-time snack.
Mathri | Whole Wheat Mathri is a very popular snack in India. It has a crispy and flaky texture with a mouth-watering taste. It is a flavourful snack because it uses a variety of spices, such as carom seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, and kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves. You can easily prepare and store this snack for festivals such as Diwali and store it. Serve this snack as a tea-time snack to your guests or your family and everyone will love it. And you do not have to worry about its purity, as it is homemade with whole wheat flour. Try to prepare it and enjoy it with everyone. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Adjust spices as per your choice to make the dough.
- You can add kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves.
- Knead a semi-soft dough just like poori dough.
- It is important to prick all over the surface using a fork so that it will cook well on the inside as well.
- Fry the mathri on a low flame and keep turning it over until it turns slightly golden brown on both sides.
- You can store the mathri in an airtight container for up to 15 days.