Mathri | Whole Wheat Mathri is a mouthwatering tea-time snack for everyone.
Mathri | Whole Wheat Mathri is a very popular snack in India. This has a crispy and flaky texture with a mouthwatering taste. This is a flavourful snack because it uses different spices like carom seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper and kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves. You can easily prepare this snack for festivals like Diwali and store it. Serve this snack as a tea-time snack for your guests or to your family. Everyone will love this snack. And you don’t have to worry about as this homemade with whole wheat flour. So, try to make this snack at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Add spices as per your choice to make the dough.
- You can add kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves.
- Knead a semi-soft dough like we make poori dough.
- Prick the mathri with a knife so that it will cook from inside.
- Fry the mathri on a low flame until little golden brown.
- You can store the mathri in an airtight container for up to 15 days.