Mohanthal | Turat Mohanthal | Besan Burfi is a delicious sweet.
If you want to make a quick and easy sweet for the festive season, we suggest that you consider the ‘Mohanthal | Turat Mohanthal | Besan Burfi’ which requires only three ingredients and is super quick and very simple to prepare. You just need gram flour/besan, ghee/clarified butter, and sugar. Optionally, you can add cardamom and saffron for flavour and colour respectively and dry fruits for garnishing. Traditionally, however, mohanthal requires much preparation and is time-consuming, but this here is an instant recipe to make this traditional sweet at home. Moreover, being free from any adulteration, artificial colour, and additives, it is healthy as well as tasty. So, try to make this yummy sweet at home and enjoy this festive season with your loved ones.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- The proportion of ingredients should be proper to make the perfect mohanthal. So, do follow the recipe.
- Roast the gram flour on a low flame only and use a heavy-bottomed pan. Else it may burn.
- After roasting the gram flour, turn off the flame and only then add powdered sugar.
- If the mixture seems dry, add a little ghee.
- Allow the burfi to be set before cutting it into pieces. You can even keep it in the refrigerator to set.
- Store this sweet in an airtight container for up to 15 days without any refrigeration.