Mumbai Ka Vada Pav Street Style is a popular and all-time favorite street food snack in Mumbai.
Mumbai Ka Vada Pav Street Style is a potato vada placed between the pav with the garlic chutney. The pav is horizontally cut from the between and given a spicy touch of chutney, and then stuffed with crispy fried vada. The vada pav can be had during any time of the day like breakfast, brunch or as an evening snack. Vada pav goes very well with the Indian chai and usually, fried green chilies and chutney are served along with it. Try to prepare this delicious and mouthwatering snack. Enjoy the recipe and do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom from Mumbai – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Dry roast the shredded dry coconut to remove it’s rawness and moisture.
- Cooldown the potato mixture before preparing the vada.
- If you want more spicy chutney then add your regular red chili powder, otherwise, you can add kashmiri red chili powder.
- Allow the shredded coconut and garlic to cool down before grinding.
- Make sure to dry grind the chutney without water.
- Strain the besan before using it to avoid lumps.
- The besan batter should be of thick flowing consistency.
- Adding sugar and hot oil to the besan batter will make the vada crispy.
- Adjust the spice and serve it immediately for a better taste