Nariyal Ki Barfi is a traditional Indian sweet.
Nariyal Ki Barfi is a special dish that you would find in every part of India for every occasion and festival. It is the easiest barfi out of all the Indian sweets. In addition, it is soft and delicious fudge, made from very few ingredients like fresh coconut, milk, and sugar. It is popularly known as thengai barfi in South India, kopra pak in Gujarat, and narial ki barfi in the Northern part of India. This barfi has its special place during Diwali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan, and Navratri. Try this easy and mouthwatering recipe at your home and share your valuable feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Vijay Haldiya
Tips and Suggestions by a Mom Chef:
- Grind fresh coconut with its cover (brown soft skin).
- The ratio of the ground fresh coconut and sugar should be 2:1.
- Adjust sweetness as per your taste.
- You can prepare this dish with dry desiccated coconut also.
- After adding sugar, roast the coconut mixture till it leaves the pan.
- Add milk powder to give a rich taste to the coconut barfi.
- You can skip milk powder if you want.
- Roast coconut mixture till it leaves the pan, don’t make it too dry.
- Place butter paper into a tray, to remove barfi easily.
For more such exciting recipes like Nariyal Ki Barfi, please click on the following links: