Peanut Chikki | Mungfali Gud Ki Chikki is a traditional Indian sweet.
Peanut Chikki | Mungfali Gud Ki Chikki is Makar Sankranti’s special dessert. There are several different varieties of chikki but the most common is groundnut chikki. Peanuts have a warm effect on the body and along with jaggery, give you an instant energy boost that will satiate your hunger as well. So, it is considered an energy-rich snack that adds necessary vitamins & nutrients to the human body. You can have it as a pre or post-workout snack. Try to make this recipe in your kitchen and share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Click here to watch this video
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Vijay Haldiya
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:
- Roast the peanuts on low flame to roast them well.
- The ratio of jaggery to peanuts should be 1:1.
- The jaggery should be melted on a low flame.
- Check the jaggery by adding some drops in cold water. If it becomes solid and crunchy immediately then the jaggery syrup is ready otherwise, cook it for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Cut chikki into pieces immediately before it cools down.
- When the chikki is lukewarm remove it from the flat surface and then separate the chikki pieces.
No comments yet.