Puran Poli | Gujarati Puran Poli is an authentic dish.
Puran Poli | Gujarati Puran Poli is a protein-rich heirloom recipe. The sweet filling is called puran and the outer layer is the poli. It is a delicious dish with rich flavors yet extremely easy and quick to make. This dish is loved by all age groups, you can pack it for tiffin also. The nutmeg powder gives a nice fragrance and taste. It is generally made during special occasions or during festival time. You can prepare it for a healthy lunch box as well. In addition, it is served with a generous amount of ghee but also tastes great with the pickle. So try to make this dish in your kitchen for your family and friends. Don’t forget to share your lovely feedback with us in the comment box.
Click here to watch this video
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Shraddha Thakrar
Tips and suggestions by the Mom Chef:
- The ratio of water and sugar to toor dal should be 1:1.
- When the toor dal mixture holds the spatula straight, it indicates that the mixture is well roasted.
- Keep the prepared toor dal balls in the refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- You can store the prepared toor dal balls in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days and in the freezer for a long time.
- The toor dal ball should be bigger than the whole wheat dough ball.
- The stuffed ball should be dusted with less quantity of whole wheat flour.
- The puran poli should be prepared in small sizes.
- Cardamom powder can be added instead of nutmeg powder.
- Make the small-sized indentations on puran poli using a spoon while applying ghee to it, so ghee will be soaked inside.
No comments yet.