Rajasthani Traditional Thali is a special cuisine that originated in Rajasthan.
Rajasthani Traditional Thali is a very special delicious meal. This dish includes 2 types of baati, 2 types of churma, and dal. Dal-Baati-churma is the signature dish of Rajasthan that has earned popularity across the world. You will get some exotic and scrumptious combo in this dish. Try this recipe at your home on special occasions and don’t forget to share your feedback with us.
Click here to watch this video
This recipe was prepared by lovely Moms: Vijay Haldiya, Shveta Sheth
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:
- FOR BAATI :
- You can use normal whole wheat flour with a little amount of semolina/sooji.
- Knead the medium-hard dough for the baati (as we prepare for poori).
- Remove pressure cooker’s whistle as well as a ring for roasting baati.
- Roast the baati on a low flame and keep tilting the pressure cooker after every 2 to 3 minutes. This will roast the baati evenly from all sides.
- You can bake the baati in the gas tandoor or in the oven at 180 to 200 degrees Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes.
- FOR ALOO BAATI :
- Knead the soft dough for the baati (as we prepare for chapati).
- Prepare aloo mixture like aloo paratha’s potato mixture.
- FOR CHURMA :
- You can roast in OTG tandoor or in Tava.
- If you want to roast on Tava make a thin small ball and roast it on medium to low flame
- For churma, add sugar according to your taste.
- If you want to use jaggery, melt it with clarified butter on low flame and add it to the bowl.
No comments yet.