Rasgulla | Homemade Rasgulla is a soft and spongy sweet and is favourite of all age groups.
Rasgulla | Homemade Rasgulla is a mouthwatering sweet famous across India. This is the most lovable sweet form the Bengali cuisine. Now, you can easily prepare this sweet very easily at home by following this simple recipe. Moreover, this required only 2 ingredients that are milk and sugar. The fresh cottage cheese balls are cooked in the sugar syrup. This has a soft and spongy texture. You will love this homemade fresh rasgulla. Why buy this yummy sweet when you can make it very easily at home. So, try to make this sweet at your end and enjoy this festive season with your family and friends.
This sweet was prepared by a lovely mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Once the milk is curdled, strain it and wash with the water. It will help to remove the sourness of lemon. Keep the strained residue of milk because it is highly nutritious. You can use the water to knead the dough for paratha or making the gravy.
- Chhenna or paneer should be dry. Tie and remove the water completely by squeezing it.
- Knead the chhena with the help of palm to make it smooth. It will come together to form a dough.
- Use a broad vessel or kadai to make rasgulla.
- While adding rasgulla for cooking, the syrup should be boiling.
- To make the sugar syrup, the proportion is very important. The ratio of sugar and water should be 1 : 2.
- Add 8 to 9 rasgulla at a time to cook.
- To check whether the rasgulla is cooked properly, take a glass of water. Add rasgulla in. If it is settled to the bottom. It is ready.