Sooji Dhokla – the yummy breakfast and an easy and delicious snack option.
Sooji Dhokla – Yummy Breakfast is an instant dhokla made of semolina. This is very quick and easy to prepare breakfast for busy mornings. In Indian culture, guests are considered as God. One day when one of my friends and her family came to our house in the morning, I didn’t have time to prepare anything else and hence I quickly made this yummy dish for breakfast and served them hot with a cup of Indian tea. The entire family loved it and to date, whenever they come this dish has become a staple serving item and I am sharing the recipe with you today. Hopefully, it will also become a staple serving item for you guys.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Vijay Haldiya
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:
- The fruit salt should be mixed just before steaming the dhokla.
- Use baking soda instead of fruit salt.
- Add grated ginger-green chili instead of its paste.
- If you have coarse semolina, grind it before preparing the dish.
- If you do not have time then you can use the mix immediately.
- The dhokla should be put in the steamer for steaming only after the water boils.
- Insert a knife to check dhokla. If it comes out clean then it is cooked perfectly.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder on dhokla if you want.
- This yummy dhokla should be served with Green chutney – Restaurant Style