Tomato Bath is a popular South Indian dish.
Tomato Bath is a yummy and tangy rice dish. It is a perfect Sunday one pot lunch special dish. It requires dry spices like cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and clove which makes it aromatic. While, the regular spices like red chili powder, all spice mix powder and ginger-green chili paste adds flavor to it. The addition of cashew nuts, onion, carrot and green peas gives crunchiness. Moreover, it has a wonderful tip to keep the rice non-sticky. So, try this recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom- Archana Chakravarthy
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Any available dry masala can be used.
- Take about 1/2 to 1/4 inch of ginger and two green chilies. Grind them to make ginger-green chili paste. If you want you can also put garlic to the paste.
- Onion is optional.
- If required, potato can also be added to the tomato bath.
- Adding coconut milk reduces the tanginess of tomatoes.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use fresh milk cream.