Whole Wheat Kulcha | Gehu ke aate ka Kulcha is popular street food from Punjab.
Whole Wheat Kulcha | Gehu ke aate ka Kulcha is a popular Indian flatbread from north India, especially Punjab. They are very famous in Amritsar and Delhi. This soft textured kulcha is easy to prepare and taste delicious when served with chole or any paneer curry. It can be made in the tandoor as well as on a pan or griddle. Generally, it is prepared from maida but we used here whole wheat flour to make it more healthy. Try to prepare the delicious and healthy kulcha and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- It is recommended to use homemade fresh curd for preparing the dough.
- Make sure, to cover the dough with the muslin cloth or kitchen towel and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Kulcha of any desired size can be prepared.
- Instead of yeast, curd and baking soda are used to leaven the bread.
- It should be served hot or warm for a better taste.