Arbi Tuk | Kachalu Tuk is a traditional Sindhi side dish.
Arbi Tuk | Kachalu Tuk is a crispy and spicy fried snack from Sindhi cuisine. Golden brown arbi with spices sprinkled on it is a fantastic way of having arbi. Arbi is a root vegetable. It is widely used by Asians and Sindhis. Moreover, it goes well with dal-rice or Sindhi kadhi and rice. The texture of deep-fried arbi tuk is crispy outside and soft inside. In addition, arbi tuk is delicious in taste and you can enjoy it as an appetizer or an evening snack with a cup of tea. It will become a super crunchy treat for your special occasion. So try this recipe at your home and share your feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Sajni Vagnani
Tips and Suggestions by a Mom Chef:
- Around 2 inches long and thick arbi should be selected to prepare this dish.
- While adding arbi in hot oil for frying the first time, the flame should be kept at medium. Then they should be fried them on a high flame.
- The arbi can be pressed between the palms or with a masher.
- Roasted cumin seed powder can be added to the dry masala.
- If the arbi is thick, it should be made half and then pressed to make it flat.
- The arbi should be flipped carefully while frying again, otherwise, it might be broken.