Baingan Bhaja | Begun Bhaja | Bengali Begun Bhaja is a popular and traditional Bengali dish.
Baingan Bhaja | Begun Bhaja | Bengali Begun Bhaja is a shallow fried marinated slice of baingan. It is probably unlike anything you have ever tasted, especially if seasoned with the right amount of spices. Smeared thick-sliced brinjals with spices and shallow fried on medium heat give a beautiful texture and amazing taste. The sugar in the marinade allows the brinjals to develop a wonderful amber-colored crust and give it a delicious flavor. It is crunchy from the outside and soft from the inside. It is best with dal-rice or roti or paratha or you can have it as it is. Try to prepare this mouth-watering recipe and enjoy it. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- It is necessary to marinate the baingan.
- Always use the fresh long and large-sized baingan.
- Make sure to coat the spices properly.
- You can either shallow fry or deep fry the baingan.
- Cut each slice of baingan with the same thickness, so that they cook throughout evenly.
Always fry marinated baingan in mustard oil only to enjoy the essence of authentic Bengali bhaja.
- You can also store marinated baingan slices and fry it when you have to eat.