Bhindi Sambar | Okra Sambar is a mouthwatering side dish for South Indian food.
Bhindi Sambar | Okra Sambar is a delicious and healthy dish. This is a flavourful dish using bhindi/lady’s finger and toor dal/pigeon peas. This is an authentic dish from Soth Indian cuisine and everyone loves and enjoy it. It is tangy, little sweet in taste and aromatic sambar. This uses fresh homemade sambar powder which takes the dish to the next level. You can serve this sambar with Idli, Dosa, Medu Vada or even with rice. It tastes amazing in all forms. So, try to make this traditional recipe and enjoy with your family and friends. Do share your feedback as well.
This dish was prepared by Archana Chakravarthy – a lovely Mom from Karnataka.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- If you want you can use other veggies like pumpkin, radish/mooli, drumsticks instead of lady’s finger. Or can make mix veg sambar.
- You can adjust the tanginess according to your taste by adjusting the quantity of tamarind puree. To make the puree, soak the tamarind in water for some time then squeeze it to remove the pulp. Use this puree to make sambar.
- By adding jaggery, it enhances the flavour of sambar.
- Keep the consistency of sambar little watery because it gets thick after some time.
- Make this sambar using fresh Sambar POwder | Homemade Sambar Masala.