Coconut Gujiya | Instant Gujiya Without Mawa is a crispy and flaky deep-fried dessert.
Coconut Gujiya | Instant Gujiya Without Mawa is a popular North Indian treat during the festive season. Holi festival is incomplete without gujiya. In addition, these gujiya are the perfect festive gift for your friends and family. Whether it be Holi or Diwali, we cannot imagine celebrations and festivities in India without Indian desserts. Moreover, gujiya is a must-have at the Holi celebration. So, make your festivals special with this recipe and share your feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Vijay Haldiya
Tips and Suggestions by the Mom Chef:
- Dry fruits can be added as per choice and availability.
- Keep stirring continuously while roasting desiccated coconut powder.
- The ratio of powdered sugar to desiccated coconut powder should be 1:4.
- Let coconut mixture cool down completely then add powdered sugar otherwise, the sugar will melt.
- Poppy seeds/khus khus can be added to the stuffing.
- Apply water on the edges of the small roti and close the gujiya maker so, gujiya will not open while frying.