Gun Powder is a popular and mouth-watering recipe from south Indian cuisine.
Gun Powder is a coarse spice powder condiment prepared from chana dal, urad dal, moong dal, toor dal, and red chilies. South Indian breakfast or meal would be incomplete without it. It is best when served with hot steamed rice along with a generous amount of ghee. Also, you can serve it with idli or dosa or rice or paratha. This powder has a slight crunch in it from the roasted lentils and the earthy, pungent, nutty, spicy taste of everything is all felt at once. Try to prepare this amazing recipe, we assure you, that you will ask it for more and more. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Sanddhya KP.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Add more chili to enhance it’s taste.
- You can prepare the stuffing of bhindi by adding amchur powder, garam masala, and coriander powder in this gun powder.
- The proportion of ingredients is important.
- Roast the dal on a low flame and stir it continuously, else it may burn.
- Roast the dal properly until aromatic.
- It is necessary to cool down the roasted dal properly.
- Make sure, to coarsely ground the roasted dal.
- After grinding, cool the ground powder and then store it, else due to moisture it may spoil.
- You can store it in an air-tight container for around 6 months.
- To prepare chutney, grind the gun powder with water to a fine paste.