Jhal Muri | Jhalmuri | Jhalmudi is a popular and mouthwatering snack from Bengali cuisine.
Jhal Muri | Jhalmuri | Jhalmudi is a delicious street food snack from Kolkata. This snack is prepared from puffed rice and other tidbits like sprouted black chana, sprouted green mung beans, onions, tomatoes, boiled potatoes, and spices. The special and important ingredient that is added in jhalmuri is mustard oil. This lends a delicious flavor to this puffed rice snack. The spiciness from the green chilies, the tangy taste is from tomatoes and lemon juice, the nice crunchiness and crispiness from the puffed rice and namkeen, and the spice powders add some aroma and depth, whereas the mustard oil takes this simple snack to a wholly new level. Try to prepare this yummy lip-smacking snack and enjoy it with everyone. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- If you do not have the crispy murmura then you can dry roast it to have a crispy and crunchy flavor.
- You can add any crunchy snack as per your taste.
- You can also add chaat masala.
- Do not overmix muri, otherwise, it will become soft or mushy.
- For a good tangy and spicy taste, you can also use the above flowing mustard oil from the achar/pickle.
- To make it more colorful and crunchy you can also add a cucumber.
- Make sure, to use mustard oil.
- Adjust the spices and serve it immediately.