Katori Khaman is a famous snack in Gujarat.
Katori Khaman is a little bit unique and looks delicious than a traditional khaman. Moreover, this is very easy to make and you will definitely try this dish for your family. In addition, you can prepare it instantly, whenever you are in hurry. Katori Khaman tastes really amazing with green chutney. This is the best option for a tiffin snack or breakfast too. Try this recipe in your kitchen and share your feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Vijay Haldiya
Tips and Suggestions by a Mom Chef:
- Sieve gram flour to prepare the lumps-free batter.
- You can use grated ginger chili instead of its paste.
- You can store a dry mix of the gram flour mixture.
- You can use curd, lemon juice, baking powder, or baking soda instead of citric acid.
- Keep gram flour and curd ratio 1:1/2.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon in 1 cup gram flour.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder instead of fruit salt.
- Keep water and gram flour ratio 1:1.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the batter to make soft and spongy khaman.
- Add water gradually to prepare the lumps-free batter.
- Add fruit salt just before steaming the Katori khaman.
- Fill half portion of Katori with batter because after steaming it will rise.
- Use stand while steaming.
- The khaman should be put in the steamer for steaming only after the water boils.
- Insert a toothpick to check khaman. If it comes out clean then it is cooked perfectly.
- Steam khaman on the medium flame.