Makki Ki Roti is a popular and lip-smacking roti from Punjab.
Makki Ki Roti is a gluten-free roti that is easy to prepare from maize flour. It is traditionally served with Sarson ka saag and a few jaggery cubes during winters. Maize contains phytochemicals like carotenoids, phenolic compounds, and phytosterols – providing many health benefits and has the potential to reduce the risk of major chronic diseases. Try to prepare this amazing and healthy recipe during winters and enjoy it with everyone. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Mridula Ameriya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Make sure, to prepare the dough for a single-single roti.
- Pour the water little by little while preparing the dough.
- Add a little salt to the dough, else it tastes bitter.
- It is necessary to knead the dough, again and again, using a palm.
- Press the edges of the dough using both thumbs to prevent the cracks.
- Apply ghee to the roti to enhance it’s taste.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.