Mohanthal | Mohanthar | Mohan Thal is a popular and traditional sweet from Gujarati and Rajasthani cuisine.
Mohanthal | Mohanthar | Mohan Thal is simple and easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. Mostly, this sweet is prepared during festivals or any occasions. The best part of this sweet is that it just melts in the mouth. This classic mithai is very rich in texture and taste. The granular texture, the flavors of cardamom and saffron, the sweetness, and the aroma of the mithai make you eat it more and more. So do not forget to try it this festive season and enjoy it with family and friends. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- It is very important to have a perfect ratio of the ingredients to prepare the mithai.
- Make sure, to rub the mixture of besan, ghee, and milk to have a nice crumble texture of mohanthar.
- You can also use coarsely ground besan flour for the perfect texture of the mithai.
- Make sure, to sieve the dry besan mixture for the granular texture.
- If besan becomes dry at any point, you can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- Sprinkle the water in the sauteed besan to form the granular texture.
- Make sure, to grease the tray with the ghee.
- Use dry fruits of your choice.
- Make sure, to set the mohanthal for 8 to 10 hours at room temperature.
- You can store this mohanthal at room temperature in an air-tight container for a week. Do not store it in the fridge.