Moong Dal Payasam is a popular South Indian style kheer.
Moong Dal Payasam is a simple and easy kheer recipe prepared from moong dal, jaggery, and milk. It is a traditional dessert recipe prepared during festivals. It is easy and quick to prepare as moong dal hardly takes time to cook when compared to other lentils. This payasam is sweet, creamy, and absolutely delicious. The flavor of cardamom powder and kapor enhance it’s taste. Adding a paste of dry fruits gives it a wonderful texture. Moreover, it enhances the nutritive value of this delicious dessert considerably. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Sieve the jaggery syrup to remove it’s impurities.
- You can also use coconut milk instead of regular milk.
- Add cashew or almond paste to thick the consistency.
- Adjust the sweetness as per the requirement.
- Always use ghee for tempering.
- Make sure to add jaggery syrup after it cools down.