Nimki | Nimkin is a popular and mouth melting deep-fried snack.
Nimki | Nimkin is a crisp and flaky flavored snack recipe prepared from maida. The flavor of ajwain makes it even more delicious. Oil is used for moin which helps the snack to get a soft flaky texture from inside. It is a yummy savory snack to serve during festivals or any other special occasion. You can enjoy this snack on its own and can also be served it along with your favorite beverage such as tea or coffee. Try to prepare this delicious snack and enjoy it with family and friends. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared under the live cooking contest ZPL season 2 by a lovely mom – Shveta Sheth.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- It is very important to add moin to the dough.
- Always crush ajwain between the hands before adding, to enhance it’s taste.
- If you press a little portion of the maida mixture between your palm, it should come together.
- Always add water in the batches to knead the dough.
- The dough should be of medium to a soft consistency.
- You can also use whole wheat flour instead of maida.
- Store it in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
For more such exciting recipes like Nimki | Nimkin, please click on the following links:
- Sandesh | Sondesh | Bengali Special Sweet
- Chire Bhaja | Kolkata Style Chire Bhaja
- Chekkalu | Nippattu | Thattai | Rice Snack