Rasgulla | Soft Spongy Rasgulla is a lip-smacking sweet famous across India.
Do you know making ‘Rasgulla | Soft Spongy Rasgulla’ at home is very easy? You have to just follow some tips and tricks to make perfect rasgulla at home. You just need milk, sugar, water and saffron, cardamom for flavouring. This is very simple and easy to prepare by following this recipe. These are soft and has melt in the mouth texture. You can prepare this famous sweet for festivals like Holi, Diwali or anytime to relish with family and friends. Everyone will love this mithai and demand you for more. So, try to make it at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
This sweet was prepared by Manju Saraf – a lovely mom from Gurgaon.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Use toned milk or cow milk or low-fat milk to prepare the rasgulla.
- The proportion of the ingredients should be proper. Please follow the recipe with exact proportion.
- Once the milk is boiled, immediately switch off the flame and add lemon-water mixture. Else the rasgulla will be hard.
- Wash the chhena with water to remove sour taste of lemon.
- To remove the water, hang the chhena using a muslin cloth for at least 30 to 1 hour.
- Kneading of the chhena with refined flour is very important for the perfect texture of rasgulla. Knead the chhena for about 10 minutes using palm.
- The balls of chhena should be smooth and without any cracks. Else the rasgulla will break while cooking.
- Cook the rasgulla on a high flame in sugar syrup for about 20 minutes.
- Once the rasgulla is ready, let it cool for 3 hours and then only refrigerate.