Sabudana Khichdee is a popular and lip-smacking recipe.
Sabudana Khichdee is an easy, quick, and simple recipe. It is also known as sago Khichdi and tapioca pearl pilaf. It is so popular in India during the fasting season of Navratri or Sravan month. However, you don’t really need an occasion to make it. It is usually flavored with peanuts, chilies, potatoes, tomatoes, and spices with a generous squeeze of lemon. Generally, sago/sabudana turns sticky after cooking, to avoid that follow the tips given below. It is a flavourful khichdi with the nutty taste of peanuts. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with the family and friends. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Vijay Haldiya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Wash sabudana in running water, so that starch is rinsed and washed away.
- Soak it 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Add water with its level just above 1 to 1.5 inches in the bowl for soaking it.
- Press a few pearls. It should mash easily. If you feel some hardness, then add a few tablespoons of water and leave for 30 minutes more.
- Excess moisture or water can make the khichdee mushy, sticky, and lumpy.
- If you are making it for fasting then always use rock salt.