Sweet Pongal | Sakkarai Pongal | Chakkara Pongal is a delicious South Indian festival special dish.
Sweet Pongal | Sakkarai Pongal | Chakkara Pongal is a famous dish during the Pongal festival in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. It is generally prepared in temples as a prasadam as well. Pongal is a combination of rice, bengal gram, and yellow lentils with jaggery. Moreover, it is a protein, carbohydrate, and iron-rich dish. This dessert is light and easy to digest. In addition, the flavor of edible camphor, and cardamom powder gives an amazing taste with the tadka of ghee, cashews, and poppy seeds. So, try to make this recipe in your kitchen and share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Click here to watch the video recipe
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom : Archana Chakravarthy
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:
- If you want, you can add dry coconut to the sweet pongal.
- FOR JAGGERY WATER :
- The ratio of water to jaggery should be 1:1.
- The ratio of jaggery to rice and dal should be 1:1.
- If you want, you can strain jaggery water to remove impurities.
- FOR COOKED RICE AND DAL MIXTURE :
- The ratio of Rice to bengal gram and yellow lentils should be 2:1.
- The mixture should not be overcooked.
- The ratio of bengal gram and yellow lentils should be 1:1.
- The ratio of water to rice and dal mixture should be 2:1.
No comments yet.