Tomato Salan | Maharashtrian Tomato Salan is a popular recipe from the state of Maharashtra.
Tomato Salan | Maharashtrian Tomato Salan is a lip-smacking tasty salan that tastes awesome with rice, but you can even have it with roti. However, the combination of fresh coconut and tomatoes brings an amazing flavor to the dish. This salan does not require any curd or buttermilk, as it gets the tanginess from the tomato puree. Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that prevents cancer. It is also beneficial for good eyesight and clear skin. Try to prepare this delicious and unique recipe and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Neelam Shah.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- To peel the boiled tomato quickly, the top should be cut and a half-inch crisscross cut should be made on the tomato.
- The consistency of the onion-coconut paste should be thick.
- The consistency of the salan should be adjusted as required.
- Kashmiri red chilli should be added to get a nice red colour.
- The spiciness should be adjusted as required.
- It should be served hot for a better taste.
For more such exciting recipes like Tomato Salan | Maharashtrian Tomato Salan, please click on the following links:
- Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan
- Kala Chana Soup
- Vegetable Stew | Kerala Famous Vegetable Stew