Upma In South Indian Style is a popular and mouth-watering breakfast recipe from South India.
Upma In South Indian Style is a flavorful South Indian breakfast dish prepared from sooji. The ingredients used to flavor the sooji, give it a deliciously satisfying taste that will make this dish one of your new favorite go-to breakfasts. Add more and more veggies to make it more nutritious. You can even serve it as a light dinner or lunch with garlic chutney or podi or coconut chutney. Try to prepare it at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Roast the sooji before using it.
- Make sure to add ghee and a dash of lemon to enhance the taste.
- You can also add jaggery instead of sugar or even skip it.
- Store the roasted sooji for later use.
- Boil the water before adding it.
- Always add sooji to the hot water in batches.
- Make sure, to have the ratio of sooji:water as 1:2.5 proportion.
- Add veggies of your choice.
- Serve it hot for a better taste.