Kanji Vada is a delicious and healthy drink cum snack which is served in festivals and celebrations.
Kanji Vada is a dal vada made with green gram/black gram and black gram/urad dal soaked in kanji i.e fermented water. It is a delicious and healthy dish generally served on the occasion of Holi. This is very good for digestion too. These are very easy to prepare and tastes so yumm. It is a famous dish of Gujarat and Rajasthan. So, try to make this recipe and let us know how liked it.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can use a combination of different dal/gram like moth dal or chawali/black-eyed beans dal to make the vada.
- For instant Kanji Vada (without fermentation), add lemon juice to the Kanji water and it is ready to be served.
- In this recipe, the vada made is spicy. If you want you can make the vada by adding the only salt to the batter.
- Soaking the fried vada is an important step. So, do not avoid it.
- Fry the vada on a medium flame else the vada will not cook properly.
- You can use split yellow mustard instead of black mustard seeds.