Matki Chi Usal | Moth Usal is a very popular breakfast and snack from Maharashtrian cuisine.
Matki Chi Usal | Moth Usal is a healthy and delicious dish. This uses sprouts of matki, some spices like goda masala (famous masala of Maharashtrian cuisine) and coconut. This is quick and easy to prepare. You can serve it as it is or combine with pav and pickle to make a meal. Serve it as a breakfast or snack or a meal. This is not only tasty but a healthy dish. Everyone will love this dish. So, try to make this usal at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
This dish was prepared by Dipali Vernenkar – a lovely mom from Mumbai.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- To make the sprouts, tie the soaked moth/matki in the muslin cloth for 4 to 5 hours.
- You can add peanut powder instead of grated fresh coconut.
- If you don’t have Goda Masala then you can use regular garam masala as well.
- Adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- Do not overcook the usal. Cook only for 1 whistle in the pressure cooker then immediately switch off the gas and open it. Else it will turn mushy.
- You can serve it alone or with homemade pav and Mango pickle.
For more such exciting recipes like Matki Chi Usal | Moth Usal, please click on the following links: