Pongal | Ven Pongal | Khara Pongal is an extremely popular South Indian dish.
Pongal | Ven Pongal | Khara Pongal is a delicious recipe prepared from rice and yellow moong lentils. Black pepper is one of the key ingredients added to this recipe. It is comfort food and since it is light on the stomach, it can be had for any meal of the day. You can also prepare it, especially if you have a short of time or very busy. Relish it with the sambar or gun powder or tomato chutney or pickle or curd. Try to prepare this healthy and tasty recipe and enjoy it with everyone. Share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Archana Chakravarthy.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can adjust the amount of ghee to your requirements, but adding more ghee enhances it’s taste.
- Instead of whole black pepper, you can use coarsely crushed or pounded black pepper.
- Roast rice and moong dal in ghee properly to get a nice aroma.
- The ratio of rice:moong dal:water is 1:(1/4):4.
- Adjust the spiciness to your taste and serve it immediately for a better taste.