Punugulu is spiced, crisp, and tasty fritters prepared from idli or dosa batter.
Punugulu is a simple and easy snack recipe prepared with the leftover idli or dosa batter. Basically, it is consumed as a popular evening snack with coconut chutney and hot beverages. You can prepare it with your own choices of veggies and spices. Try to prepare this amazing snack at home and enjoy it with family and friends. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Rama Devi.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- For the soft version of punugulu, you can add maida (all purpose flour).
- You can make punugulu in the appe pan too.
- For the crisp version of punugulu, you can add rice flour to it.
- Adjust the batter to medium consistency.
- No need to add soda as we are using a fermented batter.
- If you do not have an idli or dosa batter, you can also prepare it by mixing curd and maida.
- You can also add grated coconut and grated carrot.
- Adjust the spices and serve it hot for a better taste.