Koki | Sindhi Koki is a popular and lip-smacking dish from Sindhi cuisine.
Koki | Sindhi Koki is a flatbread with a fabulous taste and amazing texture. It is prepared using whole wheat flour, onion, coriander leaves, and spices. It is slightly crispy from the outside and soft from the inside providing you a perfectly crunchy and soft bite. It is traditionally a breakfast dish but you can definitely serve it any time of the day along with curd or pickle or tea. The koki gets its texture from a unique cooking method, where the dough is rolled and cooked twice. The addition of methi enhances the flavor of Koki instantly, so do not miss out if it is available. Try to prepare this healthy and tasty recipe. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Roshni Rahindani.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Instead of cumin seeds, you can also add cumin powder.
- You can also use ghee instead of oil during the winters.
- Marinate the onions, which helps it to stick the flour properly.
- To prepare a koki, prefer to take larger portions of the dough to get a perfect thick size.
- Make sure, the flour mixture needs to hold the shape when pressed with a fist, else add some more oil.
- It is necessary to double cook the koki, to make it a bit flaky than chewy.
- It is also prepared without onions, just skip adding onions into the flour while forming the dough, and add black pepper powder instead of red chili powder, the rest of the recipe is exactly the same.
- Adjust the spice and serve it hot.