Instant Matar Idli | Sooji Matar Idli is a popular and instant version of the traditional South Indian idli.
Instant Matar Idli | Sooji Matar Idli is a quick and easy to prepare idli. It is a simple way to prepare instant idli without fermentation. It is soft, moist, and fluffy in texture. The flavor of peas and chili makes it more delicious. It is great to be served for a healthy and light breakfast or can even pack in your child’s lunch box. Relish it with coconut chutney or tomato chutney or peanut chutney or garlic chutney or podi or sambar. Try to prepare this unique recipe and enjoy it with everyone. Do share your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Mridula Ameriya.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- You can also add buttermilk instead of curd.
- If you are using curd, then make sure, to use homemade sour curd.
- Always place the idli maker holes alternatively.
- Always add soda to the batter at the end and immediately steam the batter.
- Make sure, to mix the batter in one direction.
- Always pour the batter into 3/4 of the mould. As the idli puffs after steaming.
- It is necessary to rest the batter as the sooji absorbs the water.
- Adjust the spices as per the requirement.
- Serve it hot for better taste.